EACH WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you five things you should know before you head out the door.
1. #CAPTIVE: An Irish national was among three women who were held against their will at a house in London for more than 30 years.
2. #TOP-UP: Dr Rhona Mahony, Master of the National Maternity Hospital has said she was ‘personally vilified’ over the last few days and that the additional €45,000 she received on top of her salary was in professional fees.
3. #BURGLARY: Gardaí have arrested seven men in relation to an aggravated burglary in Thurles this morning. Two adults and three children were in the house at the time.
4. #STUDENT GRANTS: A student’s grant application has been rejected by SUSI despite the family income being well below the income threshold.
5. #CHINA: A baby boy who had been declared dead was saved from being cremated alive in China when he started crying at a funeral parlour.