EVERY WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you the five stories you need to know before you head out the door.
1. #NOT SORRY: Former Taoiseach Brian Cowen has given his first interview in two years – and has been branded “arrogant and cocky” as a result.
2. #HEALTH: A report has revealed that delays in discharging hospital patients is costing the HSE more than €500,000 per night.
3. #FRONTLINE: A female garda is currently awaiting surgery in Beaumont Hospital to treat a serious head injury sustained on duty when her car was rammed in the early hours of this morning.
4. #CHINA: A six-year-old boy in China has lost his sight permanently because a woman gouged out his eyes after luring him into a field. He was heard today asking, “Why is it dark?”
5. #2013 WORDS: Omnishambles, twerking, dad-dancing and girl crush are some of the new ‘buzzworthy’ words just added to the Oxford Dictionaries online. Srsly.