EVERY MORNING,TheJournal.ie brings you the nine stories, a little before nine, you need to know with your morning coffee.
1. #STATE VISIT: After the pomp and ceremony of yesterday’s royal events, President Higgins will spend some time with David Cameron at 10 Downing Street and meet Boris Johnson.
2. #BUBBLE BURST: Finance Minister Michael Noonan dismissed claims of the emergence of another property bubble in Dublin in the Dáil yesterday.
3. #REHAB: A fundamental review of Rehab is to be conducted by an external management consultant, The Irish Times reports, while neither Angela Kerins or Franke Flannery have confirmed whether they will appear before the PAC tomorrow.
4. #STEP UP: The deadline for applications for one of the Defence Forces 900 new positions closes at midnight tonight so if you’re planning to apply, you’d better get moving.
5. #MH370: The man heading up the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet said he is hopeful of finding the wreckage within days now that the search area has been narrowed down.
6. #HEPATITIS: Researchers in the UK have found that offering small cash incentives, paid in supermarket vouchers, is helping authorities get heroin addicts vaccinated against hepatitis B.
7. #THANKS LADS: Irish emigrants have sent back €5.7 billion from the UK in the last 30 years.
8. #PEACHES: A post-mortem will take place on the body of Peaches Geldof today with the Irish Daily Star reporting police are still working with three theories – overdose, suicide or a natural death.
9. #RIP: It’s a sad day for all WWE fans as Ultimate Warrior James Hellwig has died at the age of 54.
Source: Vince McMahon/Twitter