Every morning, TheJournal.ie brings you the nine stories you need to know as you start your day.
1. #SHOOTING A shooting is reported to have taken place at a Dublin pub last night in the Upper Mount Street area. Two men are said to have been injured in the incident.
2. #LOCATED Ashya King, the young boy with a brain tumour who was taken from hospital in England by his parents, has been found in Spain. His parents have been arrested and Ashya has been brought to a hospital.
3. #RUSSIA The list of new sanctions against Russia will be ready in a number of days if Moscow doesn’t withdraw troops from Ukraine, the Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said. RTÉ reports that Kenny said there was a mood of solidarity with Ukraine at yesterday’s EU leaders’ meeting.
4. #RIP A woman in her 60s has died in a collision in Schull, Co Cork, between two cars and a mini-bus. The woman was the driver of a car and was fatally injured. There were no passengers on the bus at the time.
5. #CHARGED A man has been charged over a “religiously aggravated” attack on British left-wing MP George Galloway. Galloway suffered bruising to the face and possibly a broken rib after the attack near Notting Hill.
6. #GOLAN HEIGHTS Dozens of UN Filipino peacekeepers performed the “greatest escape” from Syrian rebels, their country’s military said today. They slipped away at nighttime – but the fate of kidnapped Fijian UNDOF peacekeepers is still unknown.
7. #STRIKE Talks between Irish Rail and unions over upcoming strikes will continue in an effort to avert planned train strikes in September. SIPTU and the National Bus and Railworkers Union will meet again with the rail company at the Labour Relations Commission on Monday.
8. #PARIS A four-storey block of apartments has collapsed in a Paris suburb following an explosion. One child has been killed and 11 people have been injured, while a dozen people are still unaccounted for.
9. #ELECTRIC PICNIC It’s the final day of Electric Picnic today, and over 40,000 revellers can expect some decent weather this morning: dry with sunshine. It will get cloudy as the day goes on, with a bit of rain – but we suspect that won’t stop the partying.