OH NO, IT’S A TERRIFYING NEW ANIMAL THAT’S HALF SHEEP, HALF TIGER. Or else it’s a 5-year-old girl who has painted her sheep as a tiger for a sheep fashion show at the Dalriada Festival in Northern Ireland. Possibly the latter. Either way, nice pic. (Photo: Paul Faith/PA Wire)
THESE ARE THE things you need to know as we round off the day in three easy steps.
THINGS WE LEARNED
#VIOLENCE: Four men have been charged with public order offences after the violent clashes in the Ardoyne area of Belfast last night.
#JOHN O’SHEA: A High Court case taken by head of GOAL John O’Shea against the charity has been adjourned until next week after a mutually acceptable arrangement was reached, according to RTE.
#CRIME: A female staff member was injured in a shooting at a post office in Walkinstown in Dublin this morning. Separately, two armed men escaped with a substantial sum of money after a raid on a security van at Lidl on Thomas Street in Dublin’s city centre.
#TRIAL Chelsea captain John Terry has been found not guilty of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand during a Premier League game last October.
#FINE: A Fine Gael Senator has denied claims that she tried to dodge a train fare – instead, Fidelma Healy Eames says she had tried to buy the ticket on board as she had done on previous occasions and was told that she couldn’t. She has been fined €100, which she is appealing.
THINGS WE LOVED
- It’s not self-help crap and it is actually funny. Here’s 38 Reasons Why You Should Feel Better About Yourself, thanks to Buzzfeed.
- This New York Times article about band camp for grown-ups made us want to dig out that clarinet that’s hiding at the bottom of a wardrobe somewhere and give it another go.
- Second-favourite pic of the day (after the sheep-tiger, of course):
(Photo: Steve Parsons/PA Wire)
THINGS WE SHARED
- This is impressive from the BBC: Enter your age, gender, height and country, and see where you rank on the global fat scale.
- Politicians Who Look Like Disney Characters. Amazing.
- There’s exactly one week to go until the release of The Dark Knight Rises so to celebrate – um, kind of – here’s a video of people saying the words “I am Batman” . And yes, the guy from the Snickers ad is included.
(Video via GorillaMaskNet/YouTube)