NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- he HSE has confirmed that the first two cases of the Zika virus in Ireland have emerged.
- The head of the HSE went in front of the Public Accounts Committee to answer questions regarding an abuse case at a foster home in Co Waterford.
- The weather isn’t letting up – the country was hit with hail, sleet and thunderstorms throughout the day.
- The Taoiseach went on local radio to confirm he’s going to call the election tomorrow.
- An Irish woman who died in a yachting accident in South Africa has been named as 49-year-old Rachel Daly.
- A National Lottery customer has just three days left to claim a win of €1 million.
- David Drumm’s brother says he’ll return to Ireland if he’s granted bail here.
- A walker has sued for €60,000 in damages after cutting her knee while hiking on the Wicklow Way.
- A new Sinn Féin billboard takes aim at Fine Gael’s “deeply dishonest” figures.
- Eamon de Valera’s grandson Éamon Ó Cúiv was not impressed by his grandfather’s representation in RTÉ drama Rebellion.
- There was a big drop in unemployment in January.
- A Traveller protest over accommodation was held outside Dáil Éireann.
- Michael Healy-Rae launched a one-of-a-kind election music video.
- A court heard how gardaí traced a can of Red Bull found at a murder scene to a shop in Dublin.
#THAILAND: A British tourist has been trampled to death by an elephant.
#COSBY: The veteran comedian was back in court in Pennsylvania amid claims he has lost his eyesight.
- Even Sesame Street is getting into the venture-capital game…
- Youtube stars the Fine Brothers have apologised for trying to trademark ‘reaction videos’.
A couple lost their wedding ring. Until it turned up inside their baby. Oh dear. [i100]
Comments are disabled as a story mentioned above concerns an ongoing legal action