Source: Sam Boal/Rollingnews.ie
GARDAÍ HAVE SAID that a man in his 30s has been arrested in connection with the murder of two people in Ballymun last month.
Mother of six Antoinette Corbally and 30-year-old Clinton Shannon were shot dead in the attack on 16 August, while the suspected target of the attack, Corbally’s brother Derek Devoy, escaped uninjured.
The man arrested for the murders was apprehended on Monday 28 August, and taken to Ballymun Garda Station.
Detained under Section 50 of the Criminal Justice Act 2007, he can be kept in custody for up to seven days.
At a press conference after the murder, Chief Superintendent Lorraine Wheatley said that they were pursuing over 300 lines of inquiry into the incident, but appealed for members of the public to come forward to narrow down the scope of their investigation.
“I’d like to thank the community who have come forward with information, but I believe there’s lots of other information that may assist us with this investigation.”
Two firearms had been recovered and underwent forensic examination: a 9mm handgun and a semi-automatic machine gun.
A post-mortem examination found that both victims had died of gunshot wounds.
Gardaí said they were particularly interested in the occupants and movements of the two cars involved in the incident in the days before, and the hours immediately after the shooting.
Investigators continue to appeal for information.
Anyone with information can contact Ballymun Garda Station on 01 666 4400 or the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111.
With reporting from Gráinne Ní Aodha