A protest to mark International Women’s Day took place in Dublin today. (Laura Hutton/Photocall Ireland)
- Pressure is mounting on Fine Gael adviser Frank Flannery to appear before the Public Accounts Committee to answer questions on payment from Rehab.
- Early Childhood Ireland have warned against new tax rules for childminders that could force more people into the black economy.
- A total of 120 kilogrammes of cannabis herb was seized in Coolock today with an estimated street value of €2.5 million.
- A protest marking International Women’s Day took place in Dublin today.
- Animal rescue volunteers were able to release seven horses from a pound just hours before the animals were due to be destroyed.
- Jobseekers appeals are currently taking over 25 weeks to process.
- Two pipe bomb attacks in Derry are being treated as hate crimes.
- The Green Party Conference was held in Dublin today with leader Eamon Ryan stating it is time the country took a “new direction”.
- Gardaí have issued an appeal for help in finding missing teenager Mark Casey.
- Dublin clampers are set to vote on strike action on Monday.
A woman surrounded by media covers her mouth on her arrival at a hotel which is prepared for relatives or friends of passengers aboard a missing airplane in Beijing, China today. (PA Image)
#CRIMEA: Security sources reported shots were fired as foreign observers were again turned away from entering into Crimea today.
#MALAYSIA: Rescue planes sighted two oil slicks in the sea in search for missing Malaysia Airlines jet.
#USA AND FRANCE: President Francois Hollande and President Barack Obama have warned of possible ‘new measures’ against Russia.
- Have you long contemplated whether you should get phone insurance? Here’s a breakdown of what you should look out for.
- Looking for some new apps? Here are five worth downloading this week.
In honour of Brian O’Driscoll’s farewell the Irish Defence forces in the Lebanon showed their support for BOD by symbolising his jersey number on their helicopter pad at UN Post 2-45. If you can’t see this image click here>>>
(Irish Defence Forces/Facebook/Captain Kenny O’Rourke)