NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- A UCD investigation has dismissed the ‘revenge porn’ allegations made by the college newspaper.
- Dublin’s District court heard this evening that the man charged over the murder Kenneth O’Brien said ‘I’m responsible for killing Kenneth’ when charged.
- The sentencing of Thomas ‘Slab’ Murphy has been postponed until Friday 26 February – the day of the general election.
- The Garda Commissioner Nóirín O’Sullivan is set to personally oversee the funerals of two men killed in Dublin in the past week.
- Enda Kenny was confronted by more protesters as he campaigned in Cork earlier today.
- Members of the Teachers Union of Ireland (TUI) have called off a planned strike on 24 February.
- Couples who planned on holding their wedding receptions at a hotel in Tipperary are scrambling to find new venues after its closure.
- A disused army site in Co Kildare has just sold for a cool €8.2 million.
- Nobody claimed a €500,000 prize from a Friday the 13th lottery draw.
#ENGLAND: A court heard that former Sunderland player Adam Johnson ‘abused his position in society’ when he had a sexual encounter in his car with a 15-year-old fan who idolised him.
#BOSTON: The parents of the child who died while in the care of Irish nanny Aisling Brady McCarthy are to sue the Cavan woman.
#LIVERPOOL: Five girls aged between 11 and 13 were knocked down outside their school this afternoon.
- Changing your iPhone settings to this specific date will render it useless.
- These are the top skills you need to get headhunted.
NASA has released 14 space travel posters of imaginative travel destinations for people to download and print for free.