NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news…
Source: AP/Press Association Images
- All five of the Garth Brooks concerts at Croke Park have been cancelled.
- Enda Kenny and Joan Burton are holding further discussions this evening on the Cabinet reshuffle.
- A man has been charged in connection with the disappearance of Adrian Folan.
- The Defence Forces defused a viable explosive device discovered outside a home in Drogheda, Co Louth today.
- UPC says it will not give An Post access to customer information to tackle licence fee evasion.
- Ireland’s five workplace relations agencies are being merged into two.
- The Oireachtas Committee on Finance has strongly criticised the Central Bank’s approach to mortgage arrears.
- The Ulster Unionist Party has called for Sinn Féin posters to be immediately removed from 12 July bonfires.
#GAZA: Israel has approved the call-up of 40,000 reserve forces for a possible assault on the Gaza Strip.
#VATICAN: The Vatican bank has closed thousands of its customer accounts following a corruption inquiry.
#PISTORIUS: The defence for Oscar Pistorious closed today, with final arguments scheduled for early next month.
- NASA’s robots are being given Google smartphones.
- This new audio device reads out printed text in real-time.
This rendition of the Game of Thrones theme will get your feet tapping [YouTube]