NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch mourned the loss of their brother Eddie Senior and asked for no retaliation against his killers.
- A man in his 30s has been killed after two trucks crashed with a car in Mayo.
- A member of a well-known Fianna Fáil family in Waterford was jailed for 14 years today for abusing 10 boys over three years.
- A man who facilitated the production of child pornography involving his own daughter which her mother filmed, has had his prison sentence reduced on appeal.
- Sinn Féin deputy leader Mary Lou McDonald had a heated row with a member of the public on Dublin’s Grafton Street this morning.
- Gardaí have appealed again for help in finding 14-year-old Jason Collins who has been missing since the start of the month.
- Six men have been arrested after a number of garda raids across south Dublin.
- A Midlands woman who bought two EuroMillions tickets with the exact same numbers after forgetting she bought the first one wins two prizes.
#TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: Author Harper Lee has passed away at the age of 89.
#SPAIN: The Danish Prime Minister has been strongly criticised for flying with Ryanair.
#CANADA: A man has admitted creating a website to “destroy” his ex-wife’s life.
- Apple has released an update that will fix ‘Error 53′, an issue that causes iPhones to be rendered useless if the home button was replaced by a third-party.
- Three mobile has announced that it will roll out ad-blocking software across its network, making it the first major European mobile operator to do so.
A monkey is making news after he reportedly downed a glass of rum at a bar in Brazil before arming itself with a knife and chasing men around with the weapon.Source: Jozivan Antero/YouTube