NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- Eddie Hutch, the brother of ‘The Monk’ has been shot dead in Dublin city, the shooting is believed to be linked to the Regency Hotel attack last Friday.
- The Continuity IRA (CIRA) told a BBC journalist that Friday’s shootings at the Regency Hotel was a “spectacular attack to announce themselves as being back on the stage”.
- A Kilkenny man who claimed he was in a consensual sexual relationship with his cousin has been sentenced for the rape and sexual assault of the then 14-year-old.
- A woman has died following a 100ft fall on Stradbally Mountain in Kerry.
- Sexual consent workshops could soon be mandatory at UCD following allegations of revenge porn targeting female students.
- A vision of private cars completely removed from College Green has been released this evening.
- Gardaí have appealed for information from the public regarding 87-year-old John “Jack” Bradley who has been missing since yesterday.
- Officers are also appealing for help in finding Margaret Berry who has been missing from Galway city since last Wednesday.
#VIOLATIONS: The UN wants “significant measures” after North Korea launches a rocket into space.
#CANADA: Two young men died after using their own toboggans to go down a luge-bobsled track.
#CAIRO: The Egyptian president has sparked outrage after a giant red carpet was laid out for his motorcade to drive on during a trip to open a social housing project.
- Take a trip and see how creative computer viruses were back in the day.
- Google doesn’t just want its cars to be driverless but wireless too.
The world record for the most amount of pink hats worn at a mart was broken in Kerry today with a total tally of 517 hats.
Here’s how things looked at Kenmare Mart:
It was in aid of Recovery Haven, Respite and Hospice Care, Tralee.