NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news…
- Catherine Nevin was blocked from appealing her murder conviction to the Supreme Court.
- The body discovered earlier today at a quarry near the Cliffs of Moher is that of missing man Adrian Folan.
- A mother who killed her eight-year-old son has been handed down a seven-year suspended sentence.
- The Finance Minister Michael Noonan says he expects a new Cabinet by Wednesday.
- Dublin City Council discussed the Garth Brooks debacle, with the county manager saying he won’t budge on the licensing decision.
- Three people were stabbed at a Kildare GAA club.
- Five whales died after getting stranded on a beach in Donegal.
- Medicinal cannabis will soon be available for certain patients.
#LONDON: A 7/7 memorial was vandalised today, the anniversary of the 2005 attacks.
#SPAIN: The Spanish Aviation authorities said that there was never any danger of two planes colliding with each other after a video of the incident went viral.
#VATICAN: Pope Francis asked for forgiveness from survivors of clerical sex abuse who met with him today in the Vatican for the first time.
- A contraceptive computer chip that can be controlled by remote control has been developed in Massachusetts.
- Nasa is funding 20 new projects on asteroid capture.
- PCs are still outselling tablets.
Picked up a book full of good intentions to read it. Here is a simple index drawn from e-books which shows which best sellers are going unread. [The Wall Street Journal]