WHAT’S GOING ON in Leinster House?
Every day the Dáil and Seanad are sitting, TheJournal.ie brings you the most comprehensive guide to what our lawmakers are getting up to in the Houses of the Oireachtas.
So, here is what we can expect to be happening in the Dáil, Seanad and Committee rooms today…
1 thing we’ll be keeping an eye on
- Committes: Public Accounts — Department of Finance Secretary General John Moran, as well as Chief Executive of National Asset Management Agency (NAMA) Brendan McDonagh and Chairman Frank Daly, have been called before the committee to address allegations that former NAMA officials leaked confidential information. That’s at 11am in Room 1.
Everything else that’s happening in the Dáil
- The Dáil finished up for Christmas yesterday, but don’t worry, they’ll be back on the 15th of January 2014.
Everything else that’s happening in the Seanad
- Order of Business begins at the slightly earlier time of 10am.
- A small amendment to the Adoption Bill, which would give some prospective adopters more time to complete applications due to legislative changes in Russia, will be tabled by Minister Frances Fitzgerald at 11.15am.
- After that at 12.45pm, it’s time for more discussion of the Local Government Bill.
- Any outstanding concerns Senators have will be heard after this during Matters on the Adjournment.
Everything else that’s happening in the Committees
- Just one committee meets today.
Here’s how to watch what’s going on in Leinster House today
- Dáil Éireann
- Seanad Éireann
- Committee Room 1
- Committee Room 2
- Committee Room 3
- Committee Room 4
- To access streams on iOS, click here
Like politics? Then why not ‘Like’ TheJournal.ie’s Politics page?
Explainer: How does a Bill become a law?