WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. ROLF Harris has been sentenced to five years and nine months in prison for 12 charges of indecent assault. A court has heard from his victims today about how their lives and childhood innocence were destroyed by the predator.
2. AN 18-month prison sentence was handed down to David Cameron’s former aide, Andy Coulson, for his participation in phone hacking when he was an editor at the News of the World.
3. HILLARY Clinton said she “cares deeply” about Northern Ireland but is not going to comment on “internal Irish politics”. Her comments were made during an interesting interview with Seán O’Rourke on RTÉ One this morning.
4. A HORRIFIC incident in France to report today after a mother was arrested for stabbing her child’s teacher to death in front of her entire class. [Telegraph.co.uk]
5. IS the waiting killing you? Don’t worry, we’ll find out at about 3.30pm today who will be the new leader of the Labour party. Joan Burton says she has her “fingers still crossed”.
6. YES, we’re still talking about Garth Brooks and his Croke Park gigs. Today, some of the residents indicated their wish for the cancelled concerts to be REINSTATED.