WHAT’S THE STORY?
2. SPEAKING of priorities, Irish people still aren’t convinced about the country’s economic recovery with the majority still glum about their own personal finances.
3. BUT could Garth Brooks pull on the green jersey and help us all out. Many business in the Croke Park area believe he can, with the hospitality sector today pleading to the objecting residents: “Put your country first, let Garth Brooks play.”
4. A man has been arrested in Galway in connection with the disappearance of Athlone man Adrian Folan. Gardaí have also sealed off an area near the Cliffs of Moher as part of the investigation.
5. IN other grim crime news, three people were stabbed at a Kildare GAA club in the early hours of Sunday morning. A man was due in court today in relation to the assaults.
6. DIANE Ward, a Cork woman who killed her eight-year-old son, has been handed down a seven-year suspended sentence. She will now live in a mental health facility in Cork. [RTÉ News]
7. Fancy owning a Dublin Bus? Now you can.