WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. HOPING your county makes it to the All-Ireland hurling or football final? As TheJournal.ie broke recently, the trains may be completely off those days – and now Transport Minister Paschal Donohoe is hanging back from intervening in the potential strike.
2. OH Lordy. “Weak” economic data from Germany, France and Italy has frightened economists everywhere this morning. This is the graph that has them all freaking out. (Should we panic yet?)
Source: Markit Economics/Twitter
3. THE tense situation in Ferguson, Missouri – where an unarmed black teenage boy was shot dead by police at the weekend – continues to simmer. Tear gas and smoke bombs were fired on protestors who threw Molotov cocktails overnight, and reporters were put in jail.
Source: Jeff Roberson/AP/Press Association Images
4. TWO of the three people who went missing with their yacht in west Cork last night have been found safe after swimming ashore to Long Island, off the coast from Schull. Sadly, the third person on the boat died and their body has now been recovered.
5. THE emergency department at Beaumont Hospital in Dublin had to be closed for hours this morning after a patient blocked themselves into a room and set a mattress and curtains on fire.
Source: stock emergency room via Shutterstock
6. IF you’re in Dublin and heading out for lunch, keep an eye out for some of the gorgeous street art tributes popping up to actor Robin Williams…
Source: I'm from Ireland but more importantly I'm from Dublin via Facebook
7. NO, the new minister for the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht has not started Irish lessons yet, okay?
Source: Aoife Barry/Twitter
Bonus lunchtime treat: Have you seen our new TheJournal.ie Politics Twitter account? Get yourself over here…
Source: TheJournal Politics/Twitter