WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. Verdicts are in across the water in the phone hacking trial. Rebekah Brooks and her husband, Charlie Brooks, have been acquitted. But former NOTW editor Andy Coulson has been found guilty.
Source: PA Archive/Press Association Images
2. New research has revealed that hiding pregnancies is “not a thing of the past”. About one in every 403 pregnancies in rural Ireland are concealed for up to 20 weeks.
Source: DBarefoot via Flickr
3. Martin McGuinness and Queen Elizabeth are becoming regular old friends, and had a “very nice” reunion in Northern Ireland today.
4. The largest tobacco seizure of the year took place this morning at Drogheda Port where €32 million worth of cigarettes and 4,500kg of water pipe tobacco were discovered.
Source: Cigarettes via Shutterstock
4. The Coast Guard has warned people to take extra care after two boys were found in a tiny dinghy off the coast of Dublin last night.
Source: Irish Coast Guard
5. A 76-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the murder of teenager Caroline Graham 25 years ago.