WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. Minister for Education Ruairí Quinn has resigned from Cabinet and will not be seeking re-election to the Dáil.
He was emotional – but a little jovial – as he outlined his plans for the future at Leinster House in the last hour.
Source: Leon Farrell/Photocall Ireland
3. Seán Quinn has said that Anglo is using his money to make them the most hated family in Ireland. He also revealed that local people in Derrylin were helping to finance his court actions.
Source: Niall Carson/PA Archive/Press Association Images
4. A huge search operation is underway off the south coast where one diver remains missing. A second diver was taken from the water earlier today and brought to a Cork hospital.
Source: Irish Defence Forces/Twitter
5. Broadband in 50 Irish towns is set to get much, much faster as ESB and Vodafone announce a joint investment of €450 million for its fibre network. [RTÉ News]
6. A South African court has heard that Oscar Pistorius could be at risk of suicide if he doesn’t continue mental health treatment. However, psychologists said he did not suffer from any mental disorder or defect when he shot and killed Reeva Steenkamp. [The Guardian]