WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. THE Bord Gáis Energy Theatre has been put on the market with a pricetag of €20 million. Anyone on the look out for a “trophy asset”? That’s who the seller is targeting.
2. ISRAELI warplanes are continuing to pound targets in the Gaza Strip with the death toll placed at 28.
Source: AP/Press Association Images
3. IRISH Rail has confirmed that vandals caused the rockfall which led to the train derailment near Bray station in Wicklow last night. Luckily, none of the 33 passengers were injured and the situation is now resolved.
Source: Iarnród Éireann/Twitter
4. WE’RE all going to have to calm down and wait another day for news of our new Cabinet. Indications this morning are that the reshuffle will not be announced until tomorrow.
5. FOLLOWING yesterday’s unbelievable result in the Germany, Brazil World Cup semi-final game (it ended 7-1, in case you hadn’t hear), Brazilians are now upset and humiliated. So, obviously, there’s a Tumblr (SadBrazilians.Tumblr.Com).
6. THIS post was almost a Garth Brooks-free zone but then Ticketmaster released details on how ticketholders can get their money back. So close.