WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. IRISH Water pledged to eliminate boil water notices by 2016 in its €1.77 billion plan to make Ireland’s water cleaner and improve services.
2. A terminal cancer patient has told the story of her financial struggle, which saw her lose her life assurance policy because she got into arrears of €244.
3. JOHN McClane would approve of this news story. An off duty and unarmed garda single-handedly foiled a robbery on a cash-in-transit van in Meath yesterday. The culprits fled after dropping their gun and the cash box.
4. MINISTERS have been talking about the damning Guerin report on the handling of allegations made by garda whistleblower Maurice McCabe. The new Justice Minister Frances Fitzgerald was expected to outline plans on how to address the current crisis faced by An Garda Síochána.
Source: Julien Behal
5. SLAP on the factor 50 there, Met Éireann says you might get burned today.
6. DONALD Trump’s big fancy jet is on the runway in Shannon at the moment. Fancy a peek in side…?