WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. The Archbishop of Tuam has urged the Bon Secours nuns to take responsibility for their actions at the home where up to 800 children are believed to have been buried in a mass grave. Photographer Niall Carson have taken some pics of the site:
2. A manhunt is underway in Canada after a man shot dead three police officers. People living in Moncton, New Brunswick have been warned to stay indoors as the suspect remains at large.
3. There’s good news and bad news about the economy. First up, the bad: Almost 300 homes have been repossessed by banks and lenders so far this year.
4. And now the good: the number of people on the Live Register has fallen by 1,600, continuing the decreasing trend over the past year.
5. Gardaí are at the scene of a water meter protest in a housing estate in Portlaoise today, where residents have blocked workers from coming in.
6. Hero or deserter? A US town has cancelled its planned homecoming celebration for soldier Bowe Bergdahl to mark his return after being held by the Taliban because of security concerns.
7. Someone in the country is probably having the best day of their life today. There was one winner of last night’s €12 million Lotto jackpot, with the winning ticket sold in the north-west of the country. Jammy.