NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- Ministers agreed extra funding for flood relief and another rainfall alert was issued.
- A man was killed in a car crash in Monaghan.
- The family of Molly and Tom Martens said their actions were in self-defence.
- A teacher in Sligo is to be compensated after the principal insulted her gay son.
- Emergency department nurses are going on strike next week.
- Police in Northern Ireland issued a fresh appeal over a murder last year
- Registration for those census jobs closed after just four hours due to demand.
- Irish actor Saoirse Ronan won a prestigious award and was named on Forbes’ 30 under 30 list.
#LONDON: Police found three bodies in the search for a former EastEnders actor, her two children and her partner.
#GUN CONTROL: President Obama was in tears as he announced the country’s new plan on gun control.
#AUSTRALIA: A cricketer was fined for asking a reporter on a date live on air.
#GERMANY: There were dozens of sexual assaults in a German city on New Year’s Eve.
#TERRORISM: An Islamic State video suspect is thought to be a British man named Siddhartha Dhar.
#CHINA: A man was arrested after a bus fire that killed 17 people.
- A 20 year old invented a device to stop teens texting behind the wheel. [Mashable]
- This email tool wants to make your messages sound more confident.
- Twitter may soon ditch its 140 character limit and allow 10,000 character posts. [Business Insider]
The private chef of model Gisele Bundchen and husband American football quarterback Tom Brady gave this detailed insight into their very specific dietary requirements.