NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- A body was found in the search for missing Clare man Michael Bugler.
- Flood alerts remain in place following heavy rain.
- Builders downed tools as protesters occupied buildings on Moore Street.
- Enda Kenny and Micheál Martin spent all day having a go at each other.
- Leo Varadkar was grilled on the health crisis.
- One person was hospitalised after a crash between a car and a Luas in Dublin.
- There was another drop in the number of people signing on.
- Seven food businesses were ordered to close last month.
#PARIS: A man wearing a fake suicide vest was shot dead by police.
#LONDON: A former Eastenders actor whose body was found along with those of her two sons this week died from head and neck injuries.
#SYRIA: Shocking footage emerged of starving children trapped in a besieged town with reports of residents surviving on weeds and dirt.
#CONFLICT: South Korea is to resume propaganda broadcasts into North Korea in response to a nuclear test. [BBC]
#AUSTRIA: A pensioner’s body was found with his wife’s head encased in concrete.
- Oculus Rift apologised for its VR headset being pricier than expected.
- Two second year students from Limerick invented an air-conditioning system for bees.