WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. THANKS, Intel: The tech giant which set up in Ireland 25 years ago (the pic is from their Leixlip plant in 2004) has announced it is make the biggest single private investment in the history of the State. The €3.5 billion injection will also see the creation of 5,000 construction jobs.
2. THE CEO of St Vincent’s Hospital Group, Nicholas Jermyn, has stepped down as chairman of the public hospital. He appeared in front of the Public Accounts Committee in January – his overall package from Vincent’s had been €292,000 a year with €136,000 coming from public funds.
3. DOBBO and “the idiots”: The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland has rejected seven complaints about this incident involving commentary from the RTE Six One anchorman on 27 November last:
4. HELLO, we’re listening. These are the Garda stations around the country which got new equipment to record telephone calls in 2008:
5. WE need to talk about sausage rolls. Dunnes brand sausage rolls are the latest to be found to contain potentially allergy-causing sulphur dioxide. Aldi had to withdraw Kelly’s sausage rolls yesterday.
Images: Leon Farrell/Photocall Ireland; Brian Lawless/PA Wire; Garda Siochana; Youtube; sausage rolls/Shutterstock