WANT TO KNOW what’s going on in Leinster House today?
Every day the Dáil and Seanad are sitting, TheJournal.ie brings you the most comprehensive guide to what our lawmakers are getting up to in the Houses of the Oireachtas.
So here is what we can expect to be happening in the Dáil, Seanad and Committee rooms today.
Three things we’ll be keeping an eye on:
- Having been over in Brussels for the meeting of EU finance ministers, Michael Noonan returns to the Dáil to take questions on his portfolio from 9.30am.
- At midday it’s the Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore‘s turn to take questions from the opposition. Last week he stated firmly that “no organ of the State” was behind possible surveillance of GSOC headquarters. What will he say this week?
- The Public Accounts Committee has been box office stuff in recent month and this morning’s meeting is with the Revenue Commissioners to discuss all things revenue. Things kick off in Committee Room 1 at 10am.
Everything else happening in the Dáil:
- Once Michael Noonan finishes, the Dáil will discuss the second stages of both the Protect Disclosures Bill 2013 and the Roads Bill 2014 from 10.45am.
- The Order of Business will kick off at 12.21pm.
- From 12.41pm onwards, the Dáil will hear a motion on Capital Carry Over, the Roads Bill 2014 (again) and the Health Identifiers Bill 2013, which will provide a unique number to everyone who uses the health system to record their information in one place.
- Topical Issues will be up at 4.42pm, so expect more on GSOC.
- The Dáil adjourns at 5.30pm today.
(Dominic Lipinski/PA Wire)
Everything happening in the Seanad:
- Business gets under way at 10.30am in the upper chamber with a motion regarding regulation on the temporary relocation of the European Police College.
- The second stage of the ESB (Electronic Communications Network) Bill 2013 will begin at 11.45am.
- A motion on the appointment of RTE journalist Rónán Ó Domhnaill as the Coimisineir Teanga will begin at 1.45pm.
- Last but not least, the sitting will end with Matters on the Adjournment (i.e. anything else that Senators want to talk about).
Everything else happening in the committees:
- The Agriculture, Food and the Marine Committee will discuss the effect the recent storm damage had to farms near the coast from 10am in Committee Room 3.
- The Finance and Public Expenditure sub-Committee is meeting in Committee Room 4 from 10am but it’s private. Boo.
- But never mind. The European Union Affairs Committee is meeting at 2pm to discuss the Department of Foreign Affairs’ review of foreign policy and external relations. That’s in Committee Room 3.
- Busy day ahead for the Health and Children Committee with a major discussion on childcare in Ireland and its cost for working families. That kicks off in Committee Room 2 at 9.30am.
Here’s how to watch what’s going on in Leinster House today:
- Dáil Éireann
- Seanad Éireann
- Committee Room 1
- Committee Room 2
- Committee Room 3
- Committee Room 4
- To access streams on iOS, click here
Like politics? Then why not ‘Like’ TheJournal.ie’s Politics page? >
Explainer: How does a bill become a law? >