TheJournal.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more »
Dublin: 16 °C Tuesday 29 July, 2014

Polish man assaulted in Galway estate passes away

The 41-year-old sustained serious head injuries last Friday.

Cullairbaun Estate, Athenry
Cullairbaun Estate, Athenry
Image: Google Streetview

A POLISH MAN severely injured in an assault in Galway last week has passed away.

The 41-year-old sustained head injuries during an incident at the Cullairbaun estate in Athenry on 31 May. It is understood a row broke out between a group of men on a green space in the area and he was hurt with a weapon.

He spent five nights in hospital but died last night. Prayers were said for the deceased at a local church this morning.

A post-mortem exam is due to be carried out after which gardaí will decide whether to upgrade the investigation to include murder.

An appeal for witnesses has been made anyone who was in the area between 11pm and midnight Friday is asked to contact the station on 091 538000 or the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111.

Man sustains serious head injuries in Galway assault

‘Messages of hate’ appearing around Dublin, says immigrant group

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

Comments (8 Comments)

Add New Comment