BEER, BATTERIES, AND bread are all on people’s lists of post-Christmas essentials, according to a new survey.
Aldi and Kantar Worldpanel teamed up to look at what Irish consumers are buying after the Christmas rush, and it looks like we’re still relaxing, entertaining… and trying to fight winter colds.
David Berry of Kantar Worldpanel said: “Christmas is synonymous with food and drink and it seems that the lull between Christmas and New Year is both a time of indulgence and recuperation with sales of biscuits, painkillers, beer and healthcare products making their way onto the shopping list.”
According to their survey, the top 10 grocery items in the post-Christmas shopping basket are:
- 1 & 2: Rashers and sausages for the festive fry-up
- 3: Bread
- 4: Beers and lagers
- 5: Batteries for toys from Santa
- 6: Savoury favourites for snacking
- 7 & 8: Cold and flu treatments and painkillers
- 9 & 10: Fresh milk and cream
What about you – what are your post-Christmas grocery essentials?