IT’S TIME TO wake up those brains and brush away the fog of turkey, Chocolate Kimberlys and dry roasted peanuts.
History, Geography, English, Science and Irish… they’re all here to bring you right back to the world of school uniforms and Christmas tests.
The answers are in a link at the bottom of the page. Good luck and you can turn your paper over… NOW!
1. Who wrote the poem Ode on a Grecian Urn?
2. In science, what does AC/DC stand for?
3. What period in history is John Calvin associated with?
4. What’s the capital of Venezuela?
5. Where did Peig Sayers live?
6. From what Shakespeare play does the quote ‘the quality of mercy is not strained’ come from?
7. Who discovered the DNA double helix?
8. What did the Romans refer to Ireland as?
9. What is a pyroclastic cloud associated with?
10. In Irish, how do you say “I forgot”?
11. Where in New York is the Great Gatsby set?
12. What is kinetic energy?
13. What do the stripes on the flag of the United States stand for?
14. What kind of rock is limestone?
15. In Irish grammar what does ‘tuiseal ginideach’ mean?
16. Who wrote the poem Stony Grey Soil?
17. What is HCl the chemical formula for?
18. What did the Government of Ireland Act in 1920 do?
19. What was the continental mass which existed in the late Paleozoic and early Mesozoic eras called?
20. What does léamhthuiscint mean?
21. Who wrote the novel Hard Times?
22. What are the two types of cell division?
23. What was a fulacht fiadh?
24. What would you use an easting and northing for?
25. What is the Irish for government?
26. What was Felix Randal’s profession in the Gerard Manley Hopkins poem?
27. What is marked on this diagram?
28. Who was the first Taoiseach of Ireland?
29. Name the five great lakes of America…
30. What does ‘bhí sí ar meisce’ mean?