NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- A man was shot in the back in an early morning incident in Dublin.
- Brooklyn has taken the prize for outstanding British film at the BAFTAs.
- A man is in a serious condition in St Vincent’s Hospital after a crash on the Stillorgan Road this morning.
- Bad weather has put 10,000 Irish Water customers on boil water notices in Co Cork.
- Joan Burton has defended Labour election candidate Joe Costello after a picture of him with former criminal Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch emerged.
- A drug bust in Clondalkin has seen an estimated €2.1 million of cocaine and cannabis seized.
- Enda Kenny today refused to rule out serving as Taoiseach in a potential coalition involving Fianna Fáil.
- Lucinda Creighton has hit back over a complaint made about her to the Standards in Public Office Commission (SIPO).
#UNITED KINGDOM: The Church of England has defended a tweet it sent asking for prayers for Richard Dawkins.
#UNITED STATES: The death of Antonin Scalia, a conservative member of the United States Supreme Court, has added an new dimension to the presidential election.
#SWEDEN: British band Viola Beach were killed after the car they were travelling came off a bridge.
- One Irish startup has been taking on the market leaders when it comes to online grocery shopping.
This one is Valentine’s Day themed.