EVERY WEEKDAY EVENING,TheJournal.ie brings you the five stories you need to know before you head out the door.
1. #GSOC: The Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan has said that he is satisfied that no member of force bugged the offices of GSOC.
2. #SCOTLAND: Investigators have found that a police helicopter which plunged into a packed Glasgow bar last year killing 10 people suffered a double engine failure.
3. #HOSPITAL: A meeting heard of the serious concerns about the facilities of the psychiatric unit at University Hospital Galway (UHG). TD Luke Ming Flanagan described them as shocking, noting that patients slept in wet beds because of a leak
4. #FATAL SHOOTING: Gardaí have appealed for witnesses after a 46-year-old man was shot dead in his doorway in Dublin. The victim has been named as James Talbot, a married father of four, who lived in Lucan.
5. #ITALY: Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta has resigned. It paves the way for 39-year-old centre-left leader Matteo Renzi to take his place.