EACH WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you five things you should know before you head out the door…
1. #CREDIT UNIONS: Following Newbridge Credit Union being taken over by Permanent TSB last night, the staff are meeting this evening to discuss the takeover. Meanwhile, the head of the Irish League of Credit Unions has reassured its members that their money is safe.
2. #DEATH: The Garda Ombudsman is investigating the death of a man at a garda station in Donegal overnight.
3. #LISSADELL HOUSE: The owners of the County Sligo home won their long-running legal battle regarding the public right-of-way across their lands.
4. #JOBS: Barratts Shoes has gone into administration, putting more than 1,000 jobs at risk.
5. #COSTA CONCORDIA: A Dublin man is one of four people arrested on suspicion of stealing from the Costa Cordia cruise ship.