EACH WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you five things you need to know before you head out the door…
1. #MURDER: Gardai have confirmed that the body found in the Wicklow Mountains on Monday is that of missing 18-year-old Marioara Rostas. She died of a gunshot wound and gardai said today that she suffered an “appalling” ordeal in the run-up to her death.
2. #DEVICES: Five improvised explosive devices had to be made safe by the Defence Forces this afternoon. The five viable devices were found at an isolated location in Tulla, Co Clare.
3. #SOPA IRELAND: Junior minister for Innovation Seán Sherlock has told the Dáil this afternoon that the statutory instrument on internet copyright injunctions WILL be implemented despite concerns over the vague phrasing of the legislation. If you missed the debate, we have the full 15-minute video here.
4. #IVOR CALLELY: The former senator was released from Irishtown Garda station this evening – see pictures here – after being questioned in relation to an investigation into the use of fradulent receipts to claim mobile phone expenses. A file is being sent to the Director of Public Prosecutuions.
5. #FALKLAND ISLANDS: If you aren’t old enough to remember the start of the conflict 30 years ago between Argentina and Britain over the Falkland Islands/Las Malvinas, we’ve put together an explainer on what it’s all about – and why tensions are rising again this week.