EACH WEEKDAY evening, TheJournal.ie brings you five things you should know at 5pm.
1. #MARINE: Two bodies have been found during a search for two fishermen who failed to return to Quilty harbour in Co Clare yesterday evening after they went out lobster fishing. Separately, a Corkman’s body was found in a search off Castletownbere, Co Cork overnight.
2. #BILDERBERG: Details on how the secretive Bilderberg Group operates have been revealed through an FOI disclosure to TheJournal.ie, including information on the required dress code and the hotel bill for Michael Noonan’s recent attendance at a Bilderberg event in the US.
3. #BRACE YOURSELF: Met Éireann has issued a severe weather warning ahead of expected heavy wind and rain tomorrow.
4. #EUROZONE: Economic growth in the EU and in the eurozone fell in Q2 2012. No growth has been recorded in the bloc for nine months. Meanwhile, newly-released statistics have shown an unexpected increase in inflation in Britain last month.
5. #EXISTENTIAL PANDA: Edinburgh Zoo has been celebrating the birthday of its panda Yang Guang. But the birthday boy appears to be having a few issues with the ageing process/meaning of life and was photographed gazing contemplatively into the middle distance.