EVERY MORNING,TheJournal.ie brings you the stories you need to know as you wake up.
1. #GANGLAND: Gardaí are waiting for DNA results after forensic tests on the car found after the murder of Eddie Hutch.
2. #ARMED GUARDS: The head of the Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors says that yesterday’s announcement of a new armed unit for Dublin is “misleading” and will just see gardaí pulled from existing units.
3. #MINI-CAB: A renewed call has been made for the establishment of a mini-Criminal Assets Bureau to help fight gangland crime.
4. #NEW HAMPSHIRE: Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have scored big wins in the Democratic and Republican primaries in New Hampshire.
5. #RENT HIKES: Businesses are being warned that commercial rents are set to shoot up.
6. #999: Workers at Ireland’s 999 call centres have voted in favour of strike action.
7. #MIRACLE: A soldier buried in an avalanche has been found alive after six days.
8. #WEATHER: It’s going to be cold again. Hooray.
9. #JOHN LEWIS: A woman in Manchester had a lucky escape in John Lewis store – falling 60 feet onto a bed.