DO YOU LOVE the internet?
OK, let’s be fair. We all love the internet, at least some of the time. But if you REALLY love it, and understand the social web, and are a good writer with experience in the media world… then we want to hear from you.
DailyEdge.ie is growing, and we’re hiring a journalist to join our team. You will be writing articles, pitching creative and original ideas and scouring the web for visual and video content. You’ll be covering everything people are talking about, from a Twitter furore to Tyrion Lannister to the Toy Show. And you’ll be enjoying yourself.
- Reporting to the editor and working as part of a team, you’ll be generating original articles on DailyEdge.ie as well as bringing fresh ideas and a creative approach.
- You’ll be part of the editorial tone of DailyEdge.ie, giving an offbeat take on the wide range of subjects we cover.
- You will research, capture and edit visual content to support this.
- Familiarity (and borderline obsession) with internet culture and social media.
- Passionate about the world around you, with an interest in current affairs and an eye for their lighter side.
- Able to work to deadlines, with excellent attention to detail.
- At least two years’ writing and reporting experience – whether online, in print or broadcast.
To apply for this job please forward us your CV, a brief cover letter explaining why you want to work for us, and a sample article which you feel is suitable for DailyEdge.ie.
The sample article may be around a recent event, or an original list or feature. It shouldn’t be more than 200 words long. Use images, video, audio or social media content as appropriate. It will not be published; however, we will read it carefully without being distracted by Twitter even once.
Please send all applications to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday June 27.