NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a roundup of today’s news…
(Image: Mark Stedman)
- Micheál Martin said James Reilly should resign but Brian Hayes said he has “absolute confidence” in him.
- Passengers were injured on a United Airlines flight from New York to Dublin.
- Two men appeared in court over a massive cocaine and heroin seizure.
- A man was seriously injured in a crash in Co Cork.
- It was revealed that a Dublin Fire Brigade vehicle was on a 20-minute delay to respond to calls.
- The former governor of Mounjoy Prison said dole cuts are likely to push young people into crime.
- Two cats were killed with firecrackers in Drogheda.
- One of the last residents at the Ballymun tower flats was preparing to leave tomorrow.
#UNITED STATES: Banking giant JP Morgan was fined $13 billion by the US government.
- The NSA has been spying on the Mexican and Brazilian governments’ email for years. [RT]
- You know those cool Roomba robot-hoovers? Well now someone has created a similar robot that both vaccums and mops all the floors in your home. Give it, give it now. [Gizmodo]