NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news…
- TD Patrick Nulty resigned from the Dáil.
- Peace activist Margaretta D’Arcy (above) left prison
- A man appeared in court over the Jean McConville case
- Delegates attended the Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis
- A man was assaulted in Cork city centre
- There was an appeal over a gunpoint robbery
- And a separate appeal over a violent kidnap
- A freak hailstorm caused crashes on the M8
- There was a bomb alert in Tallaght
- The Data Commissioner spoke about the garda PULSE system
- Gay Byrne had some things to say about the Garda Commissioner
- And Dubliners paid tribute to BO’D and a Man of God.
An Ukrainian serviceman opens a gate at the Novofedorovko military base, as a Russian armoured personnel carrier waits outside [Vadim Ghirda/AP/Press Association Images]
#CRIMEA Russian forces took control of a Ukrainian base in Crimea, while another base was stormed by protesters.
#PLANE: Chinese officials believe a large floating object spotted in the Indian Ocean could be related to the missing Flight MH370.
- Google is sick of hearing people complain about Google Glass, apparently… [Huffington Post]
- On the lookout for a new music app? There’s more than just Spotify on offer, you know…
What on Earth is a ‘death café‘?… Don’t worry, it’s not as terrifying as it sounds. [Guardian]
(Sorry, Saturday night sign-offs should probably be a little cheerier. But it’s a really interesting story.)