We need your help now

Support from readers like you keeps The Journal open.

You are visiting us because we have something you value. Independent, unbiased news that tells the truth. Advertising revenue goes some way to support our mission, but this year it has not been enough.

If you've seen value in our reporting, please contribute what you can, so we can continue to produce accurate and meaningful journalism. For everyone who needs it.

During a White House speech yesterday, Trump threatened to bomb Iran "back to the Stone Ages". Alamy Stock Photo

Trump says US forces yet to start 'destroying what's left' in Iran

Trump has repeatedly stated that the vast majority of major military targets in Iran have already been damaged or destroyed.

US FORCES HAVE yet to begin “destroying what’s left in Iran,” Donald Trump has warned, as he said more of the country’s bridges and energy infrastructure were in his sights.

The US military “hasn’t even started destroying what’s left in Iran. Bridges next, then Electric Power Plants!” the US president posted on his Truth Social platform, several hours after he said Iran’s tallest bridge had been destroyed.

The war started more than a month ago with US-Israeli strikes on Iran, triggering retaliation that spread the conflict throughout the Middle East, convulsing the global economy and impacting millions of people worldwide.

Trump has repeatedly stated that the vast majority of major military targets in Iran have already been damaged or destroyed over the past month of war.

Iran’s “New Regime leadership knows what has to be done, and has to be done, FAST!” Trump said, seemingly referring to his call for Tehran to strike a deal with Washington that will bring about a ceasefire.

The Strait of Hormuz – a conduit for one-fifth of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas – has come into sharp focus after Iran effectively closed it, with Gulf nations pushing for a force to protect shipping there, but a UN vote set for Friday was delayed.

Trump has threatened to bomb Iran “back to the Stone Ages” and warned US attacks would intensify if Tehran did not reach a negotiated settlement, while Iran has vowed in response to carry out “crushing” attacks against the US and Israel.

Israel’s military reported a new missile salvo from Iran on Friday, with its air defences operating to down them, but there were no immediate reports of casualties.

Israeli emergency services reported some damage to houses and cars from an unintercepted cluster missile, while Israeli military radio said a train station in Tel Aviv was damaged by shrapnel.

The Iranian fire came as Trump said the US military “hasn’t even started destroying what’s left in Iran. Bridges next, then Electric Power Plants!” on his Truth Social platform, several hours after saying Iran’s tallest bridge had been destroyed.

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi posted online that “striking civilian structures, including unfinished bridges, will not compel Iranians to surrender.”

Strikes from both sides have increasingly targeted economic and industrial sites, raising fears of wider disruption to global energy supplies and deepening the conflict’s impact beyond the battlefield.

Close
JournalTv
News in 60 seconds