Skip to content
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies. You can change your settings or learn more here.
OK
Image: Sasko Lazarov/Photocall Ireland

Some Dublin Bus workers accept Labour Court proposals...

…but drivers already rejected them last week.
Aug 20th 2013, 6:44 PM 5,932 13

SOME DUBLIN BUS workers have voted to accept Labour Court proposals to change their terms of employment following overnight negotiations with management.

SIPTU said this evening that its members in the clerical, inspector, craft, operative, engineering supervisor and executive grades voted in favour of the proposals.

However, bus drivers – who went on strike for three days earlier this month over the cost-cutting measures at the company – voted overwhelmingly against the parts of the proposal which affect their job last week.

SIPTU represents around 1,200 drivers and 450 workers in other grades at the company, while the NBRU represents other drivers.

A SIPTU organiser said that there had clearly been “some progress” on all sides following recent talks but that it was now up to the company to join negotiations to end the dispute.

Management and trade union representatives held talks which ran on all night on Thursday 8 August after drivers went on strike for three days.

“SIPTU representatives are available to meet with the management of Dublin Bus in the hope of resolving matters still in dispute in the driver garde,” said SIPTU organiser John Murphy.

“It is now up to the company to decide whether it wishes to enter a negotiation process which could resolve this dispute without further industrial action and disruption to services.”

Read: Dublin Bus drivers with two unions reject Labour Court proposals >

Read: New Dublin Bus proposals include pay cuts for management >

Read: Dublin Bus ‘forced strike’ to save money over bank holiday >

Send a tip to the author

Christine Bohan

COMMENTS (13)

    Back to top