Skip to content
#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal

Firefighters warn of the dangers of leaving candles unattended

“Candles can get the heart racing, sometimes for the wrong reason … “
Oct 20th 2016, 10:24 PM 17,227 13

DUBLIN FIRE BRIGADE have warned the public about the dangers of leaving candles unattended in rooms.

A photograph of a badly burnt door was posted on its official Twitter account with a warning to “never leave candles unattended in a room”.

Candles can get the heart racing, sometimes for the wrong reason … the sound of a smoke alarm.

Earlier today the DFB launched its Halloween safety campaign Be Safe, Stay Safe.

During the launch firefighters demonstrated what happens when water is thrown on a chip pan fire.

Read: Woman says she smothered three sons as she “didn’t want to see them suffer”>

Send a tip to the author

Cliodhna Russell

COMMENTS (13)

    Back to top