Skip to content
#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Image: Leah Farrell/RollingNews.ie

Support for Fine Gael and Labour has now risen above 40%

Sinn Féin have also fared well in the latest opinion poll.
Dec 19th 2015, 5:27 PM 19,862 176

WITH A GENERAL election now potentially just weeks away, there is yet more welcome reading for Fine Gael in a political opinion poll.

And coalition partners Labour have also received a boost, and could be set to reach 10% in the coming weeks after floundering in the single-digits.

The latest Sunday Business Post/Red C poll shows support for Fine Gael rise another point to 32%, with Labour up two to 9%, leaving support for the government standing at a combined 41%.

Sinn Féin have also fared well, with a rise of 1% in their support.

Both Fianna Fáil and independents, along with smaller parties, have suffered a hit of 2%.

However, all changes are within the margin of error.

#Open journalism No news is bad news Support The Journal

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support us now

The changs for the coalition partners are 1% above their results in latest Behaviour and Attidutes poll for the Sunday Times, published last weekend, suggesting that Fine Gael’s 3-point stumble to 28% in a Paddy Power/Red C poll may have been a once off.

Joan: Increasing minimum wage by €2 is ‘horse sense’ >

Send a tip to the author

Nicky Ryan

COMMENTS (176)

    Back to top