#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 9°C Friday 23 October 2020

#fire hazard

# fire-hazard - Thursday 8 February, 2018

Fire hazard: Lenovo laptops recalled due to battery fault

The overheating hazard was caused by a faulty screw, the company said.

# fire-hazard - Wednesday 7 February, 2018

Fire warning issued over head lice treatments

The warning comes following “serious incidents” involving head lice tackling products.

# fire-hazard - Tuesday 16 January, 2018

Dealz urges people to return heatable teddies due to safety risk

The store apologised and said it takes the safety of its customers seriously.

# fire-hazard - Thursday 16 March, 2017

Sandyford residents will have to pay €10,000 for apartment fixes

It follows from a vote last night that decided residents should pay for water and fire hazard problems with the building.

# fire-hazard - Tuesday 28 February, 2017

Video shows how quickly a fridge fire can spread when it gets set alight Fire Hazard This post contains videos

Video shows how quickly a fridge fire can spread when it gets set alight

The one minute video shows a plastic-backed fridge quickly being engulfed in flames.

# fire-hazard - Saturday 11 May, 2013

Column: I'd give my heart and soul to never have heard the words 'Priory Hall'

The residents evacuated from Priory Hall are the only people who have paid in any way for the problems uncovered in the buidling, writes Alison Doyle.

# fire-hazard - Wednesday 24 April, 2013

Hotpoint recall: Your dishwasher could be a fire hazard

So far, Hotpoint have no “confirmed issues” with dishwashers in Ireland but are monitoring the situation.

# fire-hazard - Wednesday 10 April, 2013

'Voluntary repair action' launched in Ireland for dishwashers at risk of causing fire

The same models of dishwasher were recalled in Britain in 2011 but the company said it had not found a pattern of failures in Ireland until now.

# fire-hazard - Tuesday 24 January, 2012

Company says fridge freezer is 'fire hazard'

Beko has urged owners of Beko frost free fridge freezers to get in touch due to a potential fire hazard with the appliance.

# fire-hazard - Sunday 8 January, 2012

Council could offer Priory Hall residents €50,000 for apartments Property This post contains videos

Council could offer Priory Hall residents €50,000 for apartments

But residents say they will reject any such offer as it would leave them homeless and force them into bankruptcy.

# fire-hazard - Saturday 7 January, 2012

Priory Hall residents: Ours will just be the first case of many

Evacuated residents fear that Dublin City Council will also win their challenge not to pay for their temporary housing costs from 3 February.

# fire-hazard - Tuesday 3 January, 2012

Priory Hall residents ask Taoiseach to intervene

Emails show that Taoiseach says he will pass matter onto Phil Hogan – but Minister Hogan won’t meet with residents.