This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
Dublin: 6 °C Saturday 29 February, 2020

'A horrifying ordeal': Teenage girl raped twice in one night by two separate attackers

A major investigation has been launched to identify the attackers.

Witton train station in Birmingham
Witton train station in Birmingham
Image: Google Maps

A FIFTEEN-YEAR-old girl in Birmingham was raped twice in one night by two separate men, one of whom she flagged down for help.

Detectives from British Transport Police (BTP) said the girl was first assaulted in a secluded part of the railway station in Witton, Birmingham, between 7pm on Tuesday and 2am the following morning.

The girl had walked with a friend to Witton station. A man then approached the victim and led her to a secluded part of the station, where she was raped.

Shortly after this attack, the girl walked away out of the station and flagged down a passing vehicle to ask for help.

However, she got into the car and was then assaulted a second time by what is believed to be a different man.

‘Major investigation’

Detectives from the BTP and the West Midlands Police have launched a major investigation in order to help identify the two men and appeal for witnesses.

The first attacker is described as Asian, with light skin, brown eyes, of skinny build and around 6 foot tall. He was wearing a grey tracksuit top and bottoms, black trainers and is in his early 20s.

The second attacker is also described as Asian, of large build with a tight beard and between 5′ 6″ to 5′ 7″ tall. He was wearing a blue jumper, black jeans and is also in his early 20s.

Detective chief inspector Tony Fitzpatrick from the BTP said:

“This was a horrifying ordeal for this young girl and we have specially trained officers supporting her.”

He said it’s now vitally important that they investigate exactly what happened as well as identifying both offenders.

Detectives are currently examining all available CCTV footage in an effort to identify the men.

While this incident happened during the early morning and there may not have been many people around, I would be keen to speak with anyone who may have been in the area at the time.

Anyone with information is asked to get in touch by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800-40-50-40 quoting reference 65 of 26/7/2017. Alternatively, people can pass information anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555-111.

Read: Dublin man charged over last night’s stand-off at St Agnes’ Church

More: Police investigating Grenfell Tower fire say that the council ‘may have committed manslaughter’

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article

Read next: