Skip to content
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies. You can change your settings or learn more here.
OK
Image: GoFundMe

Two-year-old in induced coma after choking on grape in Pizza Hut

The incident happened in Hartlepool, a town in North East England, on Friday night.
Oct 12th 2015, 10:50 PM 37,262 33

A CANDLELIT VIGIL has been held for two year old Jacob Jenkins, who is fighting for his life after choking on a grape in Pizza Hut.

The toddler is currently in an induced coma in Newcastle Royal Victoria Hospital.

The incident happened in Hartlepool, a town in North East England, on Friday night.

Since the news broke, hundreds of people have taken to social media to light a candle of hope for Jacob.

Jenkins mother, Abigail Wilson, and Father, David Jenkins, have thanked the public for their support.

Abigail Wilson told Hartlepool Mail that the family are overwhelmed by the support they have received from the community.

Thank you all still for every word, every picture and every prayer. So, so proud to be from Hartlepool, you bunch of amazing people!

While David Jenkins told the paper, “I just want to say thank you to the staff in Pizza Hut in particular the young girl who was the first aider and the two men from Vue cinema, staff at the Great North Air Ambulance, the James Cook Univeristy Hospital and the RVI.

Everyone was great and helped us the best they could, but the grape was stuck and the only way of getting it out was through the paramedics using surgical scissors.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by a family friend to try and cover domestic costs while the family are waiting for Jacob to recover. It states:

“This is Gofundme page setup for baby Jacob and his family who are going through unimaginable times every minute of everyday. While baby Jacob is fighting for his life his family will be at his bedside vigil 24/7.”

Jacob remains in a critical but stable condition.

Send a tip to the author

Cliodhna Russell

COMMENTS (33)

    Back to top