Skip to content
#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
The Batteries, Athlone
The Batteries, Athlone
Image: Google Maps

Man in critical condition after house fire in Athlone

The blaze broke out a house in The Batteries shortly after 9pm.
Sep 10th 2014, 8:37 AM 6,401 0

A MAN IS in a critical condition following a house fire in Westmeath.

Gardaí were alerted to the blaze at a house in The Batteries area of Athlone shortly after 9pm last night.

Local fire units then arrived at the scene and forced their way into the property to rescue the man.

He was rushed to Portiuncula Hospital Ballinasloe, where he remains in a critical condition.

Send a tip to the author

Nicky Ryan

COMMENTS

    Back to top