Skip to content
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies. You can change your settings or learn more here.
OK
#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Image: Shutterstock/Lukas Gojda

A couple 'fed up of losing their Lotto tickets' have just claimed €2.9 million

Now they’re off to India.
Jun 19th 2015, 3:45 PM 34,056 19

A COUPLE WHO claimed a €2.9 million share in a Lotto jackpot have said they’re planning a trip to India, after picking up their winnings today.

The family, from the Midlands, collected their cheque from the National Lottery’s HQ in Dublin today (the other half of the 10 June jackpot was claimed by this couple from Dun Laoghaire, who said they were planning “the mother and father of a spending spree in Marks & Spencer”).

They’ve played the game online, since late last year, they revealed.

“I was fed up losing my tickets and forgetting to check them so I decided that playing online was the way to go – and I’m very glad I did,” the husband said.

Our numbers were made up of our children’s ages, and a significant family event.

Their priorities, they said, are “a really fun family holiday somewhere beautiful like the Seychelles, or the Maldives, somewhere with a private beach! And we’d also like to plan a trip to India”.

The family have chosen not to reveal their names to the media.

Read: Yet MORE problems with the Lotto machines – hours before the big Saturday draw >

Read: Lotto winner is planning ‘the mother and father of a spending spree in Marks & Spencer’ >

#Open journalism No news is bad news Support The Journal

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support us now

Send a tip to the author

Daragh Brophy

COMMENTS (19)

    Back to top