This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 5 °C Monday 24 February, 2020
Advertisement

Explosion thought to have caused Dublin apartment fire in which man (50s) was injured

A spokesperson for Dublin Fire Brigade said it was possible that a gas cylinder blew out the kitchen window.

Kimmage Source: Dublin Fire Brigade

Updated at 7.45pm

A MAN IN his 50s has been taken to hospital with burns after a substantial fire broke out at an apartment in Kimmage, Dublin.

The fire broke out at around 11.10am at an apartment at Brookfield Grove.

It’s believed that the fire was caused by an explosion. A spokesperson for Dublin Fire Brigade said it was possible that a gas cylinder blew out the kitchen window.

Kimmage 2 Source: grainne

The fire was contained quickly and didn’t spread beyond the downstairs area.

Only one man was in the apartment at the time.

Kimmage 3 Source: Dublin Fire Brigade

Emergency crews from ESB Networks, Gas Networks Ireland and fire crews from Dolphin’s Barn and Rathfarnham attended the scene.

- with reporting from Gráinne Ní Aodha

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS (2)

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

    Leave a commentcancel