Skip to content
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies. You can change your settings or learn more here.
OK
#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal

Explosion thought to have caused Dublin apartment fire in which man (50s) was injured

A spokesperson for Dublin Fire Brigade said it was possible that a gas cylinder blew out the kitchen window.
Apr 30th 2018, 12:26 PM 22,969 2

Kimmage Source: Dublin Fire Brigade

Updated at 7.45pm

A MAN IN his 50s has been taken to hospital with burns after a substantial fire broke out at an apartment in Kimmage, Dublin.

The fire broke out at around 11.10am at an apartment at Brookfield Grove.

It’s believed that the fire was caused by an explosion. A spokesperson for Dublin Fire Brigade said it was possible that a gas cylinder blew out the kitchen window.

Kimmage 2 Source: grainne

The fire was contained quickly and didn’t spread beyond the downstairs area.

Only one man was in the apartment at the time.

Kimmage 3 Source: Dublin Fire Brigade

Emergency crews from ESB Networks, Gas Networks Ireland and fire crews from Dolphin’s Barn and Rathfarnham attended the scene.

- with reporting from Gráinne Ní Aodha

Send a tip to the author

Cliodhna Russell

COMMENTS (2)

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

    Leave a comment

     
    cancel reply
    Back to top