This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 9 °C Wednesday 20 November, 2019
Advertisement

Two-year-old dies after choking on grape in Pizza Hut

Jacob’s parents Abigail Wilson and David Jenkins kept a bedside vigil for their son since the incident.

TWO-YEAR-OLD Jacob Jenkins has passed away after he choked on a grape in Pizza Hut on Friday night.

It happened in Hartlepool, a town in North East England.

The toddler had been fighting for his life in Newcastle Royal Victoria Hospital ever since.

A GoFundMe page was set up by a family friend to try and cover domestic costs for the family, tonight this statement was posted:

Baby Jacob gained his Angel Wings at 7pm tonight. The exact time everyone set off their yellow balloons in Hartlepool and far beyond.

“The parents now need time to grieve, it breaks my heart to say this but this fund will now help with baby Jacob’s funeral costs and give his family the funds to not have to worry about going back to work. This is a truly heartbreaking story.”

Jacob’s parents Abigail Wilson and David Jenkins kept a bedside vigil for their son since the incident.

Tonight hundreds of people had gathered for a balloon launch to show their support for the two-year-old.

Pizza Hut remained closed over the weekend following the incident but reopened on Monday.

Read: Two-year-old in induced coma after choking on grape in Pizza Hut>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS (62)